- I emailed DX Engineering regarding some questions I had about the loop and I was promptly emailed back with an answer.
- They did offer free shipping on orders over 99.00 but it was CLEARLY indicated that for orders outside the U.S this did not apply (I'm in Canada). I hate very small print or no print regarding this but DX Engineering had it plainly stated.
- I ordered the antenna on a Monday evening and it was shipped Tuesday.
- The antenna arrived Wednesday, over the boarder, through customs and to my door.
- The price I was given for the antenna and shipping (FedEx) was the TOTAL cost. In the past I have dealt with Amateur radio dealers in the U.S. I pay for the item, it gets shipped and then I get a call from a carriers "broker" who tells me to clear the item it's going to cost "X" amount. Then I'm asked for my credit card number or it goes back. Let me tell you it has never been cheap.
- I sent DX Engineering an email regarding the bag and I was promptly answered that they would contact Chameleon and have them send me a new bag.
- DX Engineering contacted me promptly after the sale when there was an issue.
- I was not passed off and told to contact Chameleon myself, they took ownership.
- I was contacted in person by Maria who was the person dealing with my issue from the start and was very knowledgeable on the situation.
- DX Engineering took the time to see if one of their bags would work but would not.
- They did not stop there I was then told by Maria to get the bag fixed and send them the bill. Again DX Engineering took ownership and went out of their way to solve the issue.
- 10 out of 10 to DX Engineering for the way they handled the issue! Thanks very much Maria for your personal attention and professionalism .
We realized about a month ago that the last batch of bags that we ordered last year have more or less all the same issue which is if they press fit too much things into the bag then the zipper might fail. They seem to have all the same issue. Those zippers aren’t the best! But if they use the flap over with Velcro without the zipper everything will be fine. So sending a replacement won’t change anything as it already happened to few other people already and we can’t do anything about it. To be honest, It would be better for him to get a local zipper replacement for about $5 or $10.
|As you close the bag the zipper opens up|
- Chameleon only admits to having an issue with their bag to the customer and supplier when the defect has been mentioned.
- This is poor support for the distributors who sells this product under there name and reputation.
- Knowing there is an issue with the bag and still sending it out promotes poor customer trust.
- I also emailed Chameleon regarding the issue and I received the exact email that DX Engineering received. Seems like it's a cut and paste answer to all who email about this issue.
2. Chameleon's email states "If they (the customer) press fit too much things in the bag then the
zipper might fail"
- You never win when you blame the customer.
- The only items I planned on fitting into the bag were the antenna items that the bag was meant to carry.
- My zipper "failed" while opening it with nothing in the bag for the first time.
- Don't ask the customer to fix your bad and to foot the bill.
- Chameleon should bite the bullet and order bags that work, not sell the bag or inform the customer on their website of the known issue. Informing there dealers won't not hurt either.