Posts Tagged ‘Items for sale’
Recently I have been doing some thinking......It's always nice when there is an easy answer to things BUT it just does not seem to be! In the past, I have sold radio equipment to later find myself kicking myself. There have been way too many times than I would like to admit where I have sold something to later purchase that same item!
Lately, I have been (in my head) going back and forth with regards to selling some radio items....I don't want to keep it just to have it just in case and it just gets older and holds less value......or sell it and take a chance. It reminds me of when I dabbled in stocks if I only knew the right time to sell and buy. My best information I have at this time is it's time to move some equipment out the door.
Locally (in Canada) I have put the following items up for sale:
1. Chameleon CHA P mag loop antenna.
2. Elecraft KX3 along with some extras.
3. LDG DTS-4 antenna switch.
4. Palm mini paddle.
The first two items are my portable op's stuff and we moved to the east coast over a year ago and it has just sat on my desk doing lots of nothing. I just don't want to see it sitting there if someone else can use it. The other items have been doing the same and I hope I don't end up next year or so kicking myself in the backside that I sold them but such is life.
- An HF radio……….DUH well of coarse……I’m bringing my Elecraft KX3 it has internal rechargeable batteries and you can plug in an external power source, internal antenna tuner, CW paddles attached to the radio, up to 15 watts of power thanks to the recent firmware upgrade but I will stick with 5 watts and many more portable friendly features.
- The antenna……..I have chosen to use mono band whip antennas. I have the Workman HF whips from 10m to 40m and a great carry case for them. I’m able to Velcro strap them to the rear rack and to the front bar on the bike.
- Spare external battery and I have already the Tracer 4Ah rechargeable battery. I was looking at other batteries but I figured “use what you already have”.
- 3x5 cards with some of the common command functions of the KX3. Such things as setting up CW Keyer memories and playing them,memory setup and recall and dual watch if needed.
- Bring some info on the contests that may be going on that day as I can scoop some contacts that are in a contest. It’s handy to know the exchange they are looking for in the contest.
- Make a list ahead of time that what to bring………there has been to many times to count when I thought I could remember everything only to find out I missed something and I was not able to operate because of it.
1)The qrpometer is a great portable power and watt meter it's a kit that is no longer sold. The power levels go as low as 100mW's and up to 8 watts. I made a case for the unit and added an external battery compartment for easy battery changes. Also it has BNC connectors for easy connect and disconnect. For more info on this great unit follow this link the price for this unit is 50.00 dollars
2) A balun from from Balun designs it's a 1:1 balun and works great for coax line isolation. It's rated up to 300 watts for more info click on this link
The price of the balun is 25.00
3) Mini Circuits splitter for those of you with a K3 and have the subRX this is very handy to have. I have a link from the Elecraft reflector that better explains this pairing this unit with your K3
The price is 25.00
4) The rig runner 4005 great for fusing and running your shack accessories and radios.
5) KX3 PCKT cables for the KX3 these are brand new and never used.
6) LP Pan and E-MU 0202 external sound card, the LP Pan is set up for the K3 all the cables are included. Also a power cord for the LP Pan complete with Anderson Power pole connector and quality USB cable for the E MU 0202 as well as quality coax jumper for LP Pan to K3 or P3. The price for both is 270.00
7) Elecraft spare VFO A and VFO B knobs the set for 15.00.
|A shot of the unit|
1. Balun designs balun model 1110cu it's called a QRP balun but is rated at 300 watts. It's a 1:1 isolation balun I did use them at my old place to make sure not unwanted RF was radiating from the coax. Since I only have one antenna now I no long require one.
The price is 25.00 including shipping within North America.
2. Elecraft N-Gen this is a kit that I put together myself and works great. It is very good for many RF and IF alignment tasks. The price including shipping is 50.00.
3. LDG AT200pro antenna tuner I am no longer in need of a tuner as my K3 and KX3 all have on board ATU's this unit works and looks great. Price is 150.00 shipping included.
4 Hendricks 41dB step attenuator, I put this unit together myself and works great. Price is 50.00 including shipping.
The selling of these items will both clean up the shack and give me some ham bucks to clutter things up again!