Posts Tagged ‘geda’
Episode #109 Audio (Listen now!):
After a callsign mixup resulting in Russ calling Pete VE2XPW, the show is off to a flying start.
- Google Launches Stratospheric Internet Balloons
- The Linux in the Ham Shack Badger hits the Big Time!
- Field Day
Announcements & Feedback:
- Contest Extended to Episode #110
- To give time for more entries, the contest will be extended. You can become a subscriber or leave a voice mail at 1-909-LHS-SHOW (547-7469). For voice mail entries, remember to complete the thought, “I deserve a Beaglebone Black because,” and make sure to leave contact info. The winner will be announced on Episode #110. Entries must be received by midnight on the day of recording, July 2, 2013.
- E-mail from Gary, KN4AQ, of HamRadioNow.tv
Social Media Roundup:
- Terje H (Added)
- Pierre M (Added)
- Peter W (Added)
- Raymund W (Added)
- Rene, PD5RS (Posted)
- To find Russ on any personal Status.net instance (pump.io, identi.ca, etc) use the email [email protected]
Subscribers and Donations:
- Doug (Yearly Subscription)
- Jonas R (Yearly Subscription)
- “Let This Monkey Go” by Heifervescent from the album Little Egg, courtesy of Jamendo.
- “Open Your Eyes” by Leslie Hunt from the album Your Hair Is on Fire, courtesy of Jamendo.
Hello, dear listener! Welcome to Episode #109 of Linux in the Ham Shack. This episode is being released a bit early because there is time sensitive material included, and we wanted to make sure it was available to everyone before the ARRL Field Day weekend, June 22-23, 2013.
Also included along with our thoughts on Field Day are our thoughts on Electronic Design Automation, Manjaro Linux and some introspection and extrospection on the art of podcasting. We would like to warn everyone in advance that this episode of LHS may include language that some listeners might find objectionable or not suitable for young children. We don't plan on making this a habit, but due to the strong feelings involved and the importance of the topic being discussed, we did not feel censorship was appropriate.
We hope you enjoy this installment and look forward to your continued listenership. Also, don't forget to check out the Contests page for info on how you can still win a Beaglebone Black!
73 de The LHS Guys