Archive for the ‘echolink’ Category
Unboxing the Icom IC-F4161DT
As my wife would say, I am at it again with radios. I just picked up the Icom IC-F4161DT NXDN Radio. If you do not know much about NXDN I would recommend that you check out these few pages:
The reason I jumped aboard is that my club NI4CE has taking the leap with our 10 country coverage of repeaters we have started the process of updated them to NXDN. http://www.ni4ce.org/nxdn/
Here is a blurb, but you could read more at their site: Earlier this year, the West Central Florida Group, Inc. made a strategic decision to replace the D-Star digital repeater at Riverview with an industry standard NXDN repeater from ICOM. In addition, the new ICOM FR6000 UHF repeaters now in service at Verna (442.950 MHz) and Holiday (443.450 MHz) also support MIXED mode 25 KHz analog voice and 6.25 KHz NXDN digital communications on demand.
I decided that it was time for me to think about this challenge since I always like to be on the latest technologies and also I love radios ☺ I think we all know that by now if you have read my articles about Ham Radio.
Episode #103 Audio (Listen Now):
- Pete, VE2XPL from the wAVE gUIDES podcast joins as the quasi-permanent co-host for LHS.
- The Dayton Hamvention is happening from May 17-19, 2013. LHS will be in the Hara Arena. Please help by donating to the cause.
- RARSfest is happening May 30, 2013 in Raliegh, NC. LHS will NOT have an ambassador at the show this year.
- CQ World Wide WPX Contest is happening March 30-31, 2013 (0000Z-2359Z) for SSB and May 25-26,2013 (0000Z-2359Z) for CW. All the normal HF bands are involved in the contest. The WPX contest is based on an award offered by CQ Magazine for working all prefixes. The contest draws thousands of entries from around the world. http://www.cqwpx.com/
- Ohio Linux Fest Call For Papers is now open: “Ohio LinuxFest is looking for talks for our 2013 event, which will be held September 13-15, 2013, in Columbus Ohio. We are looking for a variety of talks at all levels, from Beginners through Intermediate to Advanced. Any topic related to free and open source software, or to open hardware, is fair game for a talk. If you have something to say, we’d love to offer you a an opportunity to say it. Just go to http://www.ohiolinux.org/cfp and fill out the submission form.”
- The future of VoIP
- EchoLink, AllStar Link and IRLP are VoIP services
- Multiplatform VHF/HF contest logging program. Includes all features for Multi station: networking, ON4KST chat, CW/SSB keying, radio control and more
- New version 3.17 released on March 25, 2013
- Authored by Ladislav, OK1ZIA
- http://tucnak.nagano.cz/download.php (Download link)
- Also packaged for Debian (with repos!)
- Linux EchoLink server with qtel EchoLink client
- New version 13.03 released on March 9, 2013
- Authored by Tobias, SM0SVX
- QSO Logger and Log Editor for Linux
- No package support for Debian or RH based systems
- Perl and sqlite on the back end
- New version 0.0.35 released on March 1, 2013
- Authored by Wilbert, ZL2BSJ
- E-mail from Brad A. talking about iOS vs Maemo and the corporate/community Ubuntu status according to him.
- LHS Yearly Membership by Rubens K. Thank you!
- Gary, KE2YK, has promoted us yet again on his blog. Therefore we will promote him back.
- Contact Russ at [email protected] or [email protected]
- Listen to the live stream every other Tuesday at 8:00pm Central time. Check the LHS web site for dates.
- Leave us a voice mail at 1-909-LHS-SHOW (1-909-547-7469), or record an introduction to the podcast.
- Sign up for the LHS mailing list.
- LHS merchandise is available at the Merch link on Web site.
- Check out the Badgerwear or buy one of the other LHS-branded items at PrintFection.com/lhs or Cafe Press. Thanks.
- Thanks to Dave from Gamma Leonis for the theme music.
- “14 Ghosts II” by Nine Inch Nails from the album Ghosts I-IV.
- “Discipline” by Nine Inch Nails from the album The Slip.