A new QRP Sprint – but with a twist (QRO entries welcome!)
This was announced by Jim W4QO from the North Georgia QRP Club:
OK, the Bumble Bee has flown away; the Skeeter Hunt is just around the corner. Now it’s time to start thinking about the Peanut Power Sprint.
Sponsored by the North GA QRP Club (NoGaQrP), this sprint will be held on Sept. 29, 2013 from 4PM to 6PM EDT (Sept. 29 – 2000z to 2200z). Full rules are on the NoGaQrP website – nogaqrp.org Check Peanut Pete!
The club is making this one different from most other QRP contests.
1. It is open to all amateurs at any power level. This is to attract some new folks to QRP while running their comfortable power – QRO is welcome and there is a category for that. This is a FUN event. Not cut-throat!
2. It is a short sprint lasting only two hours; not tying up the entire afternoon. Although brief, run reasonable CW speeds for all to copy.
3. It starts late in the day (right after close of TX QSO party!) which will mean those on the west coast will begin at 1PM PDT, later than most.
4. There are categories for all situations – the prestigious category is the Peanut Power category – 1w CW or less, 2W PEP SSB or less – operating from the field! This is the GOOBER CLASS!
5. Plaques will be award for 5 category winners (minimum 3 entries).
6. Sprint will allow SSB as well as CW contacts.
7. Multipliers count each band/each mode. Work GA ( or any SPC) on 3 bands and 2 modes each = 6 multiplier. Puts emphasis on switching bands and modes during the event.
8. This will encourage activity on the 3 permitted bands – 40,20, and 15M. There are suggested frequencies for each band/mode. Notice we are encouraging the now almost dead part of 40M – 7060 khz and up.
9. Logs are not required – simply a score – however, category winners will be asked to submit their logs for verification.
10. Work stations holding a Peanut Power Number (PPN) for 7 points. Stations worked who do not hold a PPN yield 3 points. Yes, QRO stations can request and receive a PPN. You do not declare your category until you send in your entry.
To request a PPN, send an email to NoGaNuT JiM at w4qo@… Numbers over 120 may NOT be requested. See the current list via the website. Include the word PEANUT in the title please.
73 and may the best PeAnUt win!
Thanks Jim and thank you NoGAnauts for sponsoring this! Yours truly is Peanut # 70.
72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP – When you care to send the very least!