Posts Tagged ‘qle’
Episode #103 Audio (Listen Now):
- Pete, VE2XPL from the wAVE gUIDES podcast joins as the quasi-permanent co-host for LHS.
- The Dayton Hamvention is happening from May 17-19, 2013. LHS will be in the Hara Arena. Please help by donating to the cause.
- RARSfest is happening May 30, 2013 in Raliegh, NC. LHS will NOT have an ambassador at the show this year.
- CQ World Wide WPX Contest is happening March 30-31, 2013 (0000Z-2359Z) for SSB and May 25-26,2013 (0000Z-2359Z) for CW. All the normal HF bands are involved in the contest. The WPX contest is based on an award offered by CQ Magazine for working all prefixes. The contest draws thousands of entries from around the world. http://www.cqwpx.com/
- Ohio Linux Fest Call For Papers is now open: “Ohio LinuxFest is looking for talks for our 2013 event, which will be held September 13-15, 2013, in Columbus Ohio. We are looking for a variety of talks at all levels, from Beginners through Intermediate to Advanced. Any topic related to free and open source software, or to open hardware, is fair game for a talk. If you have something to say, we’d love to offer you a an opportunity to say it. Just go to http://www.ohiolinux.org/cfp and fill out the submission form.”
- The future of VoIP
- EchoLink, AllStar Link and IRLP are VoIP services
- Multiplatform VHF/HF contest logging program. Includes all features for Multi station: networking, ON4KST chat, CW/SSB keying, radio control and more
- New version 3.17 released on March 25, 2013
- Authored by Ladislav, OK1ZIA
- http://tucnak.nagano.cz/download.php (Download link)
- Also packaged for Debian (with repos!)
- Linux EchoLink server with qtel EchoLink client
- New version 13.03 released on March 9, 2013
- Authored by Tobias, SM0SVX
- QSO Logger and Log Editor for Linux
- No package support for Debian or RH based systems
- Perl and sqlite on the back end
- New version 0.0.35 released on March 1, 2013
- Authored by Wilbert, ZL2BSJ
- E-mail from Brad A. talking about iOS vs Maemo and the corporate/community Ubuntu status according to him.
- LHS Yearly Membership by Rubens K. Thank you!
- Gary, KE2YK, has promoted us yet again on his blog. Therefore we will promote him back.
- Contact Russ at [email protected] or [email protected].
- Listen to the live stream every other Tuesday at 8:00pm Central time. Check the LHS web site for dates.
- Leave us a voice mail at 1-909-LHS-SHOW (1-909-547-7469), or record an introduction to the podcast.
- Sign up for the LHS mailing list.
- LHS merchandise is available at the Merch link on Web site.
- Check out the Badgerwear or buy one of the other LHS-branded items at PrintFection.com/lhs or Cafe Press. Thanks.
- Thanks to Dave from Gamma Leonis for the theme music.
- “14 Ghosts II” by Nine Inch Nails from the album Ghosts I-IV.
- “Discipline” by Nine Inch Nails from the album The Slip.
Thanks for tuning into Episode #103 of Linux in the Ham Shack. With this episode we welcome in our quasi-permanent replacement for the on-hiatus Richard. Pete, VE2XPL, hails from somewhere near Montreal in Quebec, Canada, and you can read more about him on the About Us page on this very site. In this information-filled installment, Pete and Russ discuss the FCC and other licensing bodies getting interested (perhaps too interested) in VoIP technology. They also talk about several software packages related to running ham radio loggers and an Echolink client under Linux. And then they trudge through a super, super, super, super, super long e-mail from Brad. Thanks, Brad! Keep listening, folks, you’re not going to believe what the next few episodes have in store.
73 de The LHS Guys