Posts Tagged ‘KN4AQ’
LHS Episode #155: Interview with Frank Howell
Today we have a change of pace for you. Thanks to a blog post from Frank Howell, K4FMH, we managed to land an interview. He's a former professor who now works on myriad projects in science, technology, computers and amateur radio. He's also very involved in his community and philanthropic endeavors. Frank discusses Broadband HamNet, HamWAN, the Magnolia Intertie and gives us a treasure of information on networking with amateur radio. This one is a double episode, but you're not going to want to miss a minute of it.
73 de The LHS Guys
Show Notes #118
Episode #118 Audio (Listen now!):
- Tuxmachines Tentatively Sold to Techrights
- Raspberry Pi Exceeds Sales Expecations
- Russ, K5TUX, No Longer 10M Virgin
- HAMRADIONOW.tv – Gary Pearce KN4AQ
- Episode 104: Be Prepared (Be Very Prepared)
- Watch the episode on the http://www.HamRadioNow.tv web page
- HamRadioNow has episodes on many topics of interest to Hams & non-Hams alike: From Amsat to Field Day to community service, etc…
- Scientists predict sun’s magnetic field is about to flip
- E-mail exchange with Mike N2HTT
- Donations and Subscriptions
- Thomas H. (Very generious donation)
- Richard G. (Yearly)
- Gary U. (Monthly)
- Jim N. (Monthly)
- Bill H. (Monthly)
- Bill A. (Monthly)
- Scott P. (Monthly)
- Social Media Roundup
- Randall P.
- Michael R.
- Ben S.
- 73s @73s
- Ken KKØHF @RadioGeek
- Rugby LUG
- Latest Digitals @LatestDigitals
- HamRadioForever @HamRadioForever
- David L. KK4WW @Apple1computer
- Glenn @KD5HCL
- Jason B. KY9J @jasonbegley
- RUSSELL – M3LCZ @m3lcz
- Jeffrey B. NT1K @itsBail
- Norman P. CVWOC @CVWOC
- Andy H. K5PO @K5PO
- Todd S. @wm8c
- Phil H. @k4ne
- Kevin T. @N5PRE
- Trent f. @N4DTF
- Greg W. @k4hsm
- Jeff P. @ke4ole1
- Jeff D. @ke9v
- Marco b. @iw2iga
- Mike M. @n5jky
- David L. M0IBC
- Tim P. @KG8OC
- Eltje aka Drs. C @PA3CEE
- Chuck M. N9KY @deN9KY
- Steve C. @K4DXV
- Danny P. @NG9R
- Rob W. @RobM_TMA
- Pete D. @RadioN3FNE
- Stephen H. @g8ebm
- Mitch @KF5OEF
- William S. @NE4RD
- Thomas D. @TomDavis_KF5GBL
- Craig [email protected]
- N8VSI – Scott P. @N8VSI
- Jon @N5JLD
- Mike R. @badtoyz
- Mailing List
- Mike R.
- Please check out our website: http://lhspodcast.info.
- Become an ambassador! Visit the Web site for upcoming events and information how you can represent Linux in the Ham Shack at a nearby Linux con or hamfest.
- You can e-mail us at [email protected] or leave a voice mail at 1-909-LHS-SHOW (547-7469).
- All hate mail is routed to Harrison at [email protected]
- Please subscribe to the mailing list. A link is on the Web site.
- Go to CafePress and Printfection and buy some of our show merchandise. Each purchase helps out the show. You can also help the show by clicking on the sponsored ads in the right-hand column of the homepage.
- Listen live every every other Tuesday at 8:00pm Central time, or Wednesday at 0200z. Our recording schedule and countdown timer to the next episode is on the Web site.
- Thank you to all of our listeners, live and quasi-live.
- “Fluoride” by Brad Sucks from the album Guess Who’s a Mess, courtesy of Jamendo.
- Released January, 2013.
- Track length 3:42
- “Locked In” by Fresh Body Shop from the album Make This End, courtesy of Jamendo.
- Song released July, 2007
- Track length 3:42
LHS Episode #118: Making Flippy Floppy, Sol Style
Hello, friends! Episode #118 of Linux in the Ham Shack is ready for your immediate consumption. Lots of ham radio and Linux related news in this episode, including discussion of Ham Radio Now, the sun's magnetosphere, digital contacts on 28MHz, Linux Mint, Linux news aggregation sites and more. Sit back in your easy chair, put on your headphones, and enjoy a sweet slice of podcast nirvana. Until next time...
73 de The LHS Guys
A Ham’s Night Before Christmas
‘Tis the season to be jolly and give of yourself to your fellow man. Though I think that should be all year long, but still, around this time of year, it’s nice to spend time with friends and family and enjoy the time. This year I am feeling especially festive, simply because I am with my family. I know, I’m easy to please. But one of the other things I like this time of year is of course the entertainment. It’s a tradition for me to watch Miracle on 34th Street every year during the holidays. And this one may be a tradition I do every year. Post (or repost from this point on..) “A Ham’s Night Before Christmas”. The video is done by Gary Pearce, KN4AQ, with guitar melody by Don Mercz, WA3AYR. So sit back with your coffee or hot chocolate, grab a candy cane or a sugar cookie, and enjoy!