Posts Tagged ‘canada day’
Show Notes #110
Episode #110 Audio (Listen now!):
The Guys get ready this episode to reveal who gets the coveted BeagleBone Black.
- VE2XPL’s Field Day
- K5TUX’ Field Day
- Spent doing non-ham stuff.
- 1st of July
- Canada Day Celebrations in Gf. Pk / Ottawa / Hemmingford
- RAC holds a Canada day contest every year on July 1st
- Happy 4th of July to the USA
- Pete, VE2XPL, is a published author!
- Manjaro v.0.8.6
- GIMP 2.8.6 Released
- Retro News: Leisure Suit Larry Debuts on Linux
- AV Linux 6.0.1
- Mozilla’s New Firefox Logo is a lot like the old Firefox Logo
Announcements & Feedback:
- Beaglebone Black Raffle Winner Announced
- Congradulations to Jonathan Nadeau for winning the Beaglebone Black.
Social Media Roundup:
- NF7T Jake Gier @StibniteLad (Idaho)
- James George
- Paul Schwan N4FTD
- Subscribers and Donations
- Walter WN3LIF (Yearly Subscription)
- JonTheNiceGuy (Yearly Subscription)
- No feedback this time.
- Thank you to our monthly and yearly subscribers.
- Thank you to all of our listeners, live and quasi-live.
- You can reach us at [email protected]. You can leave us voice mail at 1-909-LHS-SHOW (547-7469).
- Please subscribe to the mailing list. A link is on the Web site.
- Go to CafePress and Printfection and buy some of our show merchandise. Each purchase helps out the show.
- Listen live every every other Tuesday at 8:00pm Central.
- “Rex Mundi” by Studebaker’s Blacksmith Shop (Germany, June 2010) from the album Nebula, courtesy of Jamendo.
- “Little Sister” by The Very Unknown Friends of Jane Doe (Germany – Wahlstedt, june 2011) from the album The Very Unknown Friends of Jane Doe, courtesy of Jamendo.
LHS Episode #110: GIMP’n
July has been a bit of a rough month for Linux in the Ham Shack. Pete, our illustrious Canadian cohort, takes an extended break with his family during this time, leaving him little room for podcasting. That is to say, none at all. In the meantime, Russ has been dealing with a series of health problems which has kept him away from the microphone and editing computer. Despite this, Episode #110 is finally done and coming to you now. In this episode, the guys chat a bit about Canada Day and the 4th of July (two holidays now long past for this year). Then there's stuff about Field Day, The GIMP, Manjaro Linux and more. And yes, there IS a winner of the illustrious Beaglebone Black. If you weren't around for the live drawing, now you can find out who won. Thanks for keeping the faith, dear listeners. We'll be back on track soon. Promise.
73 de The LHS Guys