Episode #106 Audio (Listen Now):
- Today on the show, Peter64 from Down Unda and from the Kernel Panic Oggcast. Welcome, Peter64!
- The Dayton Hamvention is coming up very soon! It will be May 17-19, 2013 at the Hara Arena in Dayton, Ohio. Linux in the Ham Shack will be there in the North Hall, booth 131. Hope to see you.
- The Beaglebone Black has been released. These are the preferred boards of Pignology and Sierra Radio Systems, who use them to create the Hamstack. They are retailing for $45 and are much more powerful than the Raspberry Pi.
- Debian Wheezy (Version 7.0) has been released.
- KDE 4.10.3 is released, bringing in more than 75 bug fixes.
- Ham Radio Deluxe has announced a preview of version 6.1. New versions will retail $99.95. This move to commercial software was predicted by Linux in the Ham Shack. And to the developers of HRD: BOOOOOO!
- Hamux 6.0 has been released. It’s based on CentOS 6.3 and is 64-bit only.
- A new version of Tucnak has been released.
- Our hosts discuss the aircraft tracker know as FlightRadar24. It’s a web-based project that is cross platform. The project is also giving away ADS-B equipment to folks who live in areas where ADS-B coverage is sparse. You can also purchase hardware for your own home if you don’t qualify for the free stuff.
- New LHS Member: Allan, WA1BG. Thanks!
- New Twitter follower: Jeff B (@bundini).
- Contact Russ at [email protected] or [email protected].
- Listen to the live stream every other Tuesday at 8:00pm Central time. Check the LHS web site for dates.
- Leave us a voice mail at 1-909-LHS-SHOW (547-7469), or record an introduction to the podcast.
- Sign up for the LHS mailing list.
- LHS merchandise is available at the Merch link on Web site. Check out the Badgerwear or buy one of the other LHS-branded items at PrintFection or CafePress. Thanks!
- Thanks to Dave from Gamma Leonis for the theme music.
- “No Time” by Mindil Beach Markets from the album Mindil Beach Markets. This track is not Creative Commons but is freely available from http://mindilbeachmarkets.com.
- “Delirium” by Nocreeps from the album Time to Differ, courtesy of Jamendo.