My excursion onto JT6M last night was a bit fraught, although ultimately very worthwhile and enjoyable. When I fired up WSJT, it errored – saying invalid number of channels.
I realised it was probably something to do with the fact that I had installed the VB-Cable audio driver onto the PC to route audio from the FCD to other applications. No worries, it’s just a simple case of adjusting the various device numbers.
Except that it wasn’t. Everything I tried still came up with the same error. WSJT-X was still working ok as was PZTLog, so I knew there wasn’t anything wrong with the interface or cabling. I disabled the VB-Cable driver, which put device numbers back where they originally were.No.
Starting to doubt my sanity which has been in question recently, anyway, I Googled it, realising that it was one of those times when the error was not what it seemed to be.
Fortunately I found this thread – thank you N0RQ! It looks like this can happen when you add or remove audio devices on your machine.
Deleted the WSJT.INI file, restarted WSJT, which of course creates a new INI file – entered my defaults and all was well!
A frustrating hour, but easily fixed once you know…