Posts Tagged ‘xoscope’
- Russ flies solo on LHS! Well, almost. Harrison, VE2HKW, fills in as co-host.
- What’s in a name? Russ talks about the philosophical ramifications of the phrase “Linux distribution”, and referring to Linux vs. GNU/Linux. Richard Stallman prefers using GNU/Linux to refer to the operating system, and Russ seems to agree, but feels it doesn’t go far enough. Share your thoughts via the usual communication channels.
- hamqth.com is an alternative to QRZ.com for callsign lookups, and has an application program interface (API). Russ has programmed the gnorman bot in the LHS IRC channel to access hamqth.com. While in the chat, enter “.qrz some_callsign”, and gnorman will return the info.
- Another application that uses the hamqth.com API is QtLog. It’s mostly in German, but there’s enough English to allow you to use the program. It seems to require that you have a MySQL server running on the same computer. It also supports HamLib for rig control. You can use Google Translate to translate the website.
- Harrison offers an overview of oscilloscopes, including what they are, the controls, and how you might use one in your ham shack. There are several instructional videos available on W2AEW’s YouTube channel. (You can learn more about Alan, W2AEW, on his QSL.net page. There are also software-based oscilloscopes, like xoscope. Of course, you’ll need a hardware interface to the computer’s sound card.
- Please make a donation to our Dayton Hamvention fund, like these fine people: Paul G. (annual membership and 2 donations), Ron E. (yearly membership), Jeremy H. (monthly membership), Scott P. (monthly membership), Bill A. (monthly membership), Bill H. (monthly membership and donation), Gary U. (monthly membership), John K. (yearly membership), and Jerome S. (donation). Thank you, all!
- Gary (KE2YK) expresses his appreciation for Richard’s screencast Introduction to JT-65.
- Brian (WB4ES) sends his best wishes to Richard.
- 100th episode audio feedback from Claudio of the Linux Basement podcast.
- Contact Harrison at [email protected]
- Contact Russ at [email protected] or [email protected]
- Listen to the live stream every other Tuesday at 8:00pm Central time. Check the LHS web site for dates.
- Leave us a voice mail at 1-909-LHS-SHOW (1-909-547-7469), or record an introduction to the podcast.
- Sign up for the LHS mailing list.
- Sign up for the MAGNetcon mailing list.
- LHS merchandise is available at the Merch link on Web site. Check out the Badgerwear or buy one of the other LHS-branded items at PrintFection.com/lhs or Cafe Press. Thanks!
- Thanks to Dave from Gamma Leonis for the theme music.