Posts Tagged ‘CQ World Wide WPX SSB’
- P49Y (AE6Y) | 3842 Qs | 1048 Prefixes | 36hrs | 13,657,536 Points [NCCC].
- 3V8SS (KF5EYY) | 1577 Qs | 691 Prefixes | 30h29min| 4,036,822 Points [RR DX].
- PY2NY | 1622 Qs | 726 Prefixes | 32hours | 3,442,692 Points [Araucaria DX].
n = 14 scores submitted in this category.
Options there are options for low power, low profile RadioSport operators. One can operate from a DX location to satisfy the competitive spirit and Andy, P49Y entered an ionospheric score from his Aruba location. In addition, he lead the Northern California Contest Club to a banner position fulfilling the club’s motto, “Excellence In Amateur Radio Contesting.“
An accomplishment well done!
Believe in your signal.
- KR5X (K1BX) | 1974 Qs | 868 Prefixes | 36hrs | 4,463,256 Points [YCCC].
- NV1N (N1UR) | 1761 Qs | 805 Prefixes | 36hrs | 3,761,185 Points [YCCC].
- KW3W | 574 Qs | 366 Prefixes | 18hrs | 552,294 Points [PVRC].
n = 33 scores submitted in this category.
The climatic ionospheric event of the season guaranteed ham radio fun and CQ WPX SSB delivered on the promise. Prefix multipliers added extra value even if one operated from their apartment balcony or with a long wire with counterpoise from a college room in a dormitory.
Congratulations K1BX who piloted KR5X to a 3830 Claimed Score first place finish while leading the Yankee Clipper Contest Club to its banner position for the year.
73 from the shackadelic on the beach.
Who owns the single operator all band low power record? Is 60 million points possible for a multi-multi station? Who will log 1,528 prefixes or more this weekend?
It’s aggro prefix time for high frequency airwaves and operators are transmitting unusual prefixes from their callsign quivers. Everyone is a multiplier. It is important to listen first after clicking that flash spot before pushing to talk.
No one likes a busted call when log adjudication rolls around. One pays a penalty in points, ouch, especially when operators are chasing records or looking to establish a personal best.
Have fun, double check receiver filter settings, check audio, and listen first. Everyone likes a clean log.