Posts Tagged ‘beaglebone’
Episode #110 Audio (Listen now!):
The Guys get ready this episode to reveal who gets the coveted BeagleBone Black.
- VE2XPL’s Field Day
- K5TUX’ Field Day
- Spent doing non-ham stuff.
- 1st of July
- Canada Day Celebrations in Gf. Pk / Ottawa / Hemmingford
- RAC holds a Canada day contest every year on July 1st
- Happy 4th of July to the USA
- Pete, VE2XPL, is a published author!
- Manjaro v.0.8.6
- GIMP 2.8.6 Released
- Retro News: Leisure Suit Larry Debuts on Linux
- AV Linux 6.0.1
- Mozilla’s New Firefox Logo is a lot like the old Firefox Logo
Announcements & Feedback:
- Beaglebone Black Raffle Winner Announced
- Congradulations to Jonathan Nadeau for winning the Beaglebone Black.
Social Media Roundup:
- NF7T Jake Gier @StibniteLad (Idaho)
- James George
- Paul Schwan N4FTD
- Subscribers and Donations
- Walter WN3LIF (Yearly Subscription)
- JonTheNiceGuy (Yearly Subscription)
- No feedback this time.
- Thank you to our monthly and yearly subscribers.
- Thank you to all of our listeners, live and quasi-live.
- You can reach us at [email protected] You can leave us voice mail at 1-909-LHS-SHOW (547-7469).
- Please subscribe to the mailing list. A link is on the Web site.
- Go to CafePress and Printfection and buy some of our show merchandise. Each purchase helps out the show.
- Listen live every every other Tuesday at 8:00pm Central.
- “Rex Mundi” by Studebaker’s Blacksmith Shop (Germany, June 2010) from the album Nebula, courtesy of Jamendo.
- “Little Sister” by The Very Unknown Friends of Jane Doe (Germany – Wahlstedt, june 2011) from the album The Very Unknown Friends of Jane Doe, courtesy of Jamendo.
July has been a bit of a rough month for Linux in the Ham Shack. Pete, our illustrious Canadian cohort, takes an extended break with his family during this time, leaving him little room for podcasting. That is to say, none at all. In the meantime, Russ has been dealing with a series of health problems which has kept him away from the microphone and editing computer. Despite this, Episode #110 is finally done and coming to you now. In this episode, the guys chat a bit about Canada Day and the 4th of July (two holidays now long past for this year). Then there's stuff about Field Day, The GIMP, Manjaro Linux and more. And yes, there IS a winner of the illustrious Beaglebone Black. If you weren't around for the live drawing, now you can find out who won. Thanks for keeping the faith, dear listeners. We'll be back on track soon. Promise.
73 de The LHS Guys
That’s right, we’ve got yet another interview in this show. Is anyone screaming “UNCLE!” yet? George from Sierra Radio Systems and Nick from Pignology are our guests tonight, talking about several of their ham radio related products. They have a product launch they’re doing at the Dayton Hamvention this year and wanted to let everyone know what they have in store so it’s out there before the chaos in Ohio. Don’t despair, howver. This is not a sales pitch. Instead, our fine feathered guests get down into the nitty gritty of their product, explaining what it does, how it does it, what hardware it uses and what software as well. You’ll be happy to know it’s all Free Software based and an incredible find for anyone looking for comprehensive remote station control. George and Nick also happen to be responsible for a significant chunk of the donation money LHS needed to be a part of Dayton this year so we are eternally grateful to them for that. The best part of all this: That’s only HALF of the show. This one’s so packed full of information it might just explode.
73 de The LHS Guys