I first learnt about these tins from the 4 State QRP Group. They advertised them as “Clear Top Enclosure – An Altoids On Steroids. Do you need an enclosure slightly larger than an Altoids tin? Would you like to see your project after building it, instead of hiding it? If so, this enclosure is for you!”
The rectangular hinged tins are no longer sold by the 4 State QRP Group, but I was able to buy them from Specialty Bottle via a friend of mine in the US (their minimum order for export was too high for me).
My projects from left to right and top to bottom are:
- Component tester (transistors, capacitors, resistors, inductors, equivalent series resistance) from Ebay based on this open source design.
- Direct digital synthesis (DDS) generator that generates RF from 0 to 20 MHz
- Ultimate2 QRSS kit transmitter from G0UPL
- 3.5 MHz Pixie transceiver
- AVR Butterfly Morse keyer from KD1JV
- Softrock Lite 6.2 SDR (Software Defined Receiver) in an enclosure which originally housed a 4.5″ USB flash disk.