- Promo: Listen to the Linux Basement Podcast.
- Happy Birthday, Richard!
- Yes, folks, it’s episode 100 of Linux in the Ham Shack. We’re now eligible for syndication!
- In celebration of our 100th episode, several of our listeners in the chat room call in and participate in a roundtable discussion. Participants include Harrison (VE2HKW), Brian (K5BPC), and Jon (KT4KB). Unfortunately, noise on Jon’s connection prevented him from staying on the line.
- We received voice messages from listeners Michelle, Joy, Rich (KD0RG), Doug (N6LMX), Nick, Jon, “Major J”, and Harrison (VE2HKW).
- Feedback from Matt (KD8SZG), who asks which would be a better choice for a new HF user: a used IC-7000 or new FT-857D. The consensus is to choose the new FT-857D.
- Jon, KT4KB, asks how Russ and Richard met.
- Richard makes a shocking announcement!
- We have a short discussion of FreeDV vs. D-STAR, followed by a brief discussion of various Linux distributions.
- Richard makes a few final comments.
- Contact Richard at [email protected], Russ at [email protected], or both at the same time at [email protected]
- Listen to the live stream every other Tuesday at 8:00pm Central time. Check the LHS web site for dates.
- Leave us a voice mail at 1-909-LHS-SHOW (1-909-547-7469), or record an introduction to the podcast.
- Sign up for the LHS mailing list.
- Sign up for the MAGNetcon mailing list.
- LHS merchandise is available at the Merch link on Web site. Check out the Badgerwear or buy one of the other LHS-branded items at PrintFection.com/lhs or Cafe Press. Thanks!
- Thanks to Dave from Gamma Leonis for the theme music.
- Gun Slinger by Daniel Worth.