Good afternoon fellow Bloggers, I have been having an issue for some time now and have just ignored it. The time has come to see if something is up at my end or if others using Blogger have this same issue. I have searched the internet and the Blogger site regarding the issue. There has been advice but nothing has worked.
The issue is I want to add a blog to my blog list and I attempt this as follows:
1. I visit the home page of the blog I want to follow and copy the URL.
2. In my blog I go to (Blogger blog) and click on Layout.
3. In the layout I have a gadget called "Blogs I follow" and I click on edit.
4. This shows me all the blogs I follow and when I scroll to the end of the list I am given an option to "add a new item"
5. I click on "add new item" paste the blog URL on the line called "blog URL" and click continue.
In the past when I did this the name of the blog I want to follow would populate in the line above the blog URL and then ask me again if I wanted to save it. I clicked yes and it was done. For some time now I add the URL of the blog I want to follow and click save and the message I get is "Could not detect a feed" I do have the option to click ok but I am informed that I can still click "ok" but if I do the time and date will not be shown....whatever that is. So I click anyway the complete URL is shown but now the only option I have is to cancel it and I am not given the option to save it. Not sure why this is happening.