I still seem to be getting e-mails asking me if I would issue Bee numbers for Flight of the Bumblebees this coming Sunday. Once again, I am NOT “The Beekeeper” this year; but this is how you go about getting one:
1) Visit http://bit.ly/LsxX2Y to check out the database of Bee numbers already issued.
2) Come up with a number you would like to use, with two alternates.
3) Send an e-mail to: [email protected]
4) Include your Bee number choices as well as your first name, your callsign, and where you plan to be operating from.
5) Keep checking the database, because if you’re like me, your callsign will just show up with your Bee number. I didn’t get an e-mail back from KI6SN with that information, I saw it on the database after it was issued. (BTW, my Bee number is 17, in honor of Keith Hernandez, one of the best 1st Basemen to play the game of baseball).
Good luck and hope to hear you on the air on Sunday!
72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP – When you care to send the very least!