If you’ve been following my ham shack updates from the past couple of weeks, you know I’m in the final stages of finishing the space in my basement which will be used as my ham shack, podcast studio, home office and overall man-cave. The space is really starting to come together and I can see what the finished space will look like. I’m truly excited and especially so after staring at nothing but stud walls for several years.
If you go back to this blog post and also read this one, you’ll get an idea of how I’ve spent the past couple of weekends. While I believe we made great progress this weekend, we did fall short of my goal of getting all the walls done. This delay was due to the extra time it took me to hang two doors. These two doors will access the utility closet I framed in to hide the HVAC systems. Because of the way the two furnaces are situated, I had to include two doors. Otherwise, should anything happen to the hot water heater, it would have required demolition to remove it.
The remaining work on the walls (about 5 more sheets of drywall) should get completed this coming weekend. I then plan to take a weekend off and reward myself (and my wife) with doing something else that weekend and then it will be time to start hanging drywall on the ceiling.
Finally, I worked a total of about two hours in the ARRL DX phone contest this past weekend. During this time I worked about 20 DX stations, adding four new to my growing DXCC list. The four new DXCC entities worked this weekend were Bahamas, Barbados, Trinidad & Tobago and Portugal. This brings me to a total of 54 DX entities worked to date.
Sorry no pictures with this update. I’ll hopefully get some pics in the next update or two showing progress.
73 de KDØBIK