The Beach Boys ARC later this morning will set up wireless gear on the edge of a continent. Currently, beach weather is off the hook and conditions are stellar with blue skies while Cycle 24 rages above our craniums. It is the kinda of day that explains why I love living on the central coast of California.
Our gear list —
- Yaesu FT100.
- Paddles for Morse code.
- Boom microphone for single sideband.
- Buddipole antenna system.
- Honda EU2000i generator.
I want to tweet a few photographs into our #hamr network, high definition video using a small Sony Cyber Shot camera with mini tripod for stabilization, and an Olympus D-550 digital camera for still photography.
- 14.055 KHz plus or minus 10 KHz (CW)
- 21.055 KHz plus or minus 10 KHz (CW)
- 14.300 KHz plus or minus 10 KHz (SSB)
- 21.300 KHz plus or minus 10 KHz (SSB)
The Beach Boys ARC is looking forward to launching their signal from the edge of a continent while experiencing ham radio in the great outdoors.