Trying to decide between a Baofeng and a Wouxun HT? Here are some thoughts…
- They are super-cheap
- They are usually dead-on frequency and stable through temperature change (better than most Japanese radios)
- The Receiver sensitivity is usually better than the .2 uV specification at 12db SINAD
- They always produce at least as much power as advertised
- The Wouxun is excellent at harmonic suppression and adjacent channel selectivity
- The Baofeng usually is pretty bad on harmonic suppression sometimes as bad as 20db
- The Baofeng has terrible adjacent channel selectivity and is easily interfered with in busy RF environments
Overall, all the Chinese radios are decent, but in my experience, the Wouxun is excellent compared to the Baofeng.
The Wouxuns I have personally tested gave the Japanese models a run for their money, at about a quarter of the price.