Over all it was a very good year as I and my family had good health (I did have a cancer scare but things turned out to be ok).
1.The year started out with me earning my way toward the ARRL Diamond DXCC award, I wanted to do it QRP style and well I came up short with only 83 DXCCs for the year. BUT having said that I am very very happy with the results of 83 contacts and I am sure I can snag the others this year for a DXCC award in the QRP category.
2. A new radio arrived as well the Elecraft KX3 and that sure is some radio and I have not yet been able to give it a real good workout.
3. I started out 2012 wanting to increase my CW coping speed for contests and the best way for me to do that was to get on the keyboard. My keyboard skill is find expect for the numbers and where they were without looking. I have now accomplished that goal as well. I had used various CW programs to help me out with the speed and getting the numbers and keyboarding are now in harmony.
3. I wanted to clean up the shack of unused ham gear no sense it sitting there taking up space....that was done (my beloved KX1 included). I was very surprised at the amount of money that came in from stuff that I was not using......now I am looking at my K2 along with the external Elecraft tuner and amp (100 watt) and thinking of putting in up on the auction block. I have the Elecraft K3, KX3 and ordered another K2 to build and sell over the winter months when ham radio is slow.
4. I was able to work my first split contact which to me was pretty cool.
5. I starting posting videos on Youtube up to this point I have a total of 8 videos, 22 followers and 5,638 views to date. It was rough going at first trying to figure out how to upload, edit the video and getting my Iphone to do a half decent job of recording as that is all I have as of yet.
6. During the summer months I was able to pack up and use my Elecraft K2 for some short QRP CW contests. It was nice to get out in a local park and operate the rig.
7. I descovered the art of QRPp operations and was able to top my miles per watt award
8. My kit building was strong and included Qrpometer, Hendrick attenuator, KX3 (kinda a kit), starting a new Elecraft k2, Smart charger, adding a gell cell to my K2 as well as some mod's to the Elecraft K3.
9. For some strange reason it was the first year I have not gone to any ham radio flea markets.....not sure why that is? Wait a minute I can think of one reason....lots of junk!!